Do you have your parcels sent to your home address? Ever come home to a missed delivery card? We’ve come up five ways to help you avoid missing deliveries in the future.
Is your parcel already on its way to you?
If your parcel is already on its way to you, you will need to contact your local New Zealand Couriers branch to organise your parcel to directed to an address where you or someone you know will be present at time of delivery.
Find your local branch contact details here.
Five ways to avoid missing future deliveries
Completing one of these steps will simplify the delivery process and allow you to avoid missing deliveries.
- When you order something for delivery to your address, have the item addressed to your work address instead of your home address. Deliveries to businesses very rarely cannot be completed on the first attempt.
- Have the item addressed to a friend, relative or neighbour that you know will be home so that the delivery can be completed on the first attempt.
- Provide NZC with Authority to Leave your item at a safe location at your delivery address. Complete an Authority to Leave form and we will take care of the rest. This Authority would relate to any item addressed to your home.
- Have the item addressed care of one of our Delivery Link Partners (Agents & Collect / Send Points) for you to pick up at your convenience.
- Have a Lockbox or Courier Box at your premise for secure, anytime delivery – ideal for when no one is onsite. A secure box that any delivery driver can put parcels inside, but is locked securely to prevent theft or damage (with your permission, Lockbox can be set up with Authority to Leave permission for courier deliveries).
Never miss a future delivery with Authority to Leave!
What is it an Authority to Leave?
For many areas in New Zealand we offer our customers the chance to receive packages even when they’re not home. This ‘Authority to Leave’ system is quick to join and easy to manage, and it means we can then leave your package at the agreed address without obtaining a signature.
How does it work?
After signing up, we install a small bar-coded tag for you at the agreed location on your property (somewhere dry and safe). Your courier driver will have this location on file, place your deliveries there and scan your tag. This will record the time of delivery to that specific location in our online tracking system.
How do I get this?
Provide us with Authority to Leave your item at a safe location at your delivery address. Complete an Authority to Leave form and we will take care of the rest. This Authority would relate to any item addressed to your home.