Nelson Delays - 11th Feb - 1st March
From Sunday 11th February, till Friday 1st March, State Highway 6 between Rai Valley and Hira will be closed nightly from 8pm - 5:30am (for resurfacing/detours will be in place).
This will delay overnight freight into Nelson and also first cycle departures from Nelson Branch. Delivery times across the day will be impacted and our ability to make same-day deliveries within the Nelson area will be reduced.
Specific impacts below:
- Late departure for the first cycle, expected to be 1.5-2 hours later than usual
- No local same-day connections
- No Motueka or Blenheim Day Runs (Havelock and Rai Valley will be serviced from Blenheim as usual)
- Outer areas such as Takaka & Motueka may be unable to complete all deliveries
- Freight that can’t be delivered on any run will be scanned and prioritised for the following day
- Medical, perishable and mechanical will be prioritised where possible.
Overnight services to Blenheim are not affected.
Desert Road Closures - 18th Feb - late March
Nighttime closures on Desert Road, Sunday to Thursday for the next 5 weeks.
This will affect freight between Auckland and Wellington; Lower Hutt; Kapiti; Whanganui; and Masterton (and associated areas) in both directions. The extended route plus the expected heavier traffic is anticipated to delay the line haul to and from these locations by at least 1 hour. This is likely to delay freight for 1st cycle delivery.
Customers and receivers with cold chain or time-sensitive freight should be aware of this disruption.
Brynderwyns Closure (SH1) - 26th Feb - late March
State Highway 1 at the Brynderwyns will be closed from the 26th February to 27th March. It will re-open for 6 days over Easter and close until the works are complete. It is estimated to be closed until the end of April (adverse weather would delay completion). The exact finish date is unknown at this stage.
As a result of this closure, there will be changes to the departure and arrival times in and out of Whangarei and the Far North.
- Lower North Island and South Island freight will be moving by line-haul earlier in the evening than usual
- Far North outbound and inbound freight will be a 2-day service to and from Lower North Island and South Island. The Upper North Island and Auckland will still make current connections.
Network Status Updates
- Please view our Network Status Dashboard for the latest Branch and Area Status Levels.
Tracking your items
- For updates on individual courier items, please click here for track and trace.