These form part of our standard Terms and Conditions of Carriage and any other agreement you have with us.
To use the Parcel Notification service, you agree that:
- Notifications can only be sent for parcels going to a New Zealand delivery address and where a correct email and mobile number is supplied in the correct fields in the manifest data file you send to us.
- You will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 and will obtain all necessary permissions or consents for us to use your customer information such as mobile phone numbers and email addresses for the purpose of providing your customers with parcel notifications.
- We will not use your customer’s information for any purpose other than to provide email and SMS text parcel notifications to your customers.
- We need to supply your customer information to our third-party partners who provide the email and SMS text telecommunication services and whilst doing so, will comply with all aspects of the Privacy Act 1993.
- Parcel Notification service charges are as notified to you and any change to these, will be notified or published at least 30 days before it takes effect. We may change these charges in this manner, even if we follow a different process for price changes under your other agreements with us. As at 1 February 2020, SMS text services are charged at $0.20 per consignment. Where this service has been selected, two texts will be sent, one when the parcel is scanned onboard and out for delivery and a second one once the parcel is scanned as delivered.
- We are excluded from any liability for text or email notifications which fail to be sent due to inaccurate, incomplete or non-valid mobile phone numbers or email addresses being supplied to us.
- Weather events, technical issues, third-party service failures, telecommunications coverage and other factors or disruptions may impact our ability to provide parcel notifications at times. We are excluded from any liability should the parcel notification service not be available or from consequential loss relating to the receipt of texts.
- For parcels sent to rural / non-urban addresses, notifications are sent once the parcels are delivered to the rural agent or onforwarder that provides delivery services to that address. These Parcel Notifications advise that delivery should be expected within 2-3 business days.
- If you have a written agreement with us to send any “High Risk Items” as specified in our Terms and Conditions of Carriage you agree not to provide Parcel Notification Services to customers receiving these “High Risk Items” as they should not be given an option to nominate a safe place for these to be left.