We understand that you may have concerns specifically over courier deliveries that involve some level of human contact e.g. handling of the scanner when signing for a parcel.
That's why we're doing contact-less courier deliveries* and branch pick-ups, so you won't need to make any human contact with our courier drivers or staff when receiving your parcels.
*Due to the requirements of some senders, a contact-less delivery may not be permitted. In this case, our delivery driver will make you aware of this.
How does contact-less delivery work?
- Our delivery driver arrives at your premises and alerts you that they have arrived e.g. knock on your door
- Our delivery driver will stand about 2 meters away from you and ask for your name, then they will enter it and sign then CV-19 on your behalf (this will show in the tracking information)
- They'll then place your parcel down in front of them to complete the delivery or in a more appropriate place you indicate e.g. the doorstep
As usual, if you aren't present when our delivery driver arrives, we will leave a missed delivery card. See options for missed deliveries during COVID-19 here.
Will all courier deliveries be contact-less?
Yes. This is the standard delivery process for both signature required parcels and non-signature parcels. We want to minimise the risk to our people; customers and community in all parts of our business.
How does a contact-less branch pick up work?
- As always, we'll ask for your name and collect your parcel
- For signature required parcels, we'll then enter your name and sign CV-19 on your behalf (this signature will show in the tracking information)
- Then we'll place it on the counter for you to pick up
Will all branch pick ups be contact-less?
Yes. This is the standard pick up process for both signature required parcels and non-signature parcels. We want to minimise the risk to our people; customers and community in all parts of our business.
We will continue to respond to the latest on COVID-19 with the safety of our people, customers and community top of mind. We thank you for being a New Zealand Couriers customer.